Pages

Wednesday 2 August 2017

Teaching the juniors in Bishop Class

Talofa Lava blog world,

Today my class and I worked alongside Bishop class (Year 2/3) as part of a Tuakana/Teina session.

Tuakana means an older person or a person that you look up to, and Teina means a little kid or a junior.

First we discussed how to be effective Tuakana.I learned that I have to listen to other people even though they are younger then me, and to let other people have a turn of speaking.

The biggest challenge I came across was to trying to let the juniors do some work.

Next week I am looking forward to regrouping with my little buddies again and finishing our stop go animation.

1 comment:

  1. Talofa Nathaniel. This is a wonderful reflective blog post. I like how you explained what you were doing, your biggest challenge and where to next. Your challenge reminded me about how difficult it can be to watch someone make mistakes when you already know the answer or how to do something. It takes a lot of resilience, respect and trust to overcome this. I was wondering if you managed to overcome your challenge? If so, how did you do it?

    From Miss Fortes

    ReplyDelete